Music Speaks

When was the last time you sang a song from your heart? Music has the hidden power to touch a person’s heart. It transforms negative to positive energy.

Filipinos are generally happy people because we love music. Almost every Filipino household has their own music player, magic sing, karaoke player or whatever you may call it. In all occasions, it is one of the overused appliances at home.

I remember when I was a child we used to have the old Karaoke Miyata brand that my dad bought. My siblings Alfonso and Clavel were performers in school. Though I performed too but I wasn’t good as them. I always had that stage fright.

I love music..It helped me so much during my sad and desperate times. Moving on is a process and takes time to get yourself back to track but music made my wounded heart heal quicker.

Music gives hope and motivation. In happy moments, it gives a certain glow that you would not notice yourself but others do.

When I like a certain song, I would not stop playing it over and over until I memorize the lyrics. It is always fun to be able to sing along when you hear the radio play your favorite song. I’ve always been fascinated with people who could play a musical instrument or sing along a song from start til the end. I always think they are smart.

Sometimes when I could not express a certain emotion because it has a deeper meaning to me, I would find a song with lyrics that expresses same emotions as mine. And that would serve as my outlet to listen and offer to the person important to me. Whatever genre you listen to sometimes determines what kind of person you are.

"When you can't find the words to say, Music conveys"
                                                                 Sarah Cirio

Comments

Popular Posts