Awesome Places I've Been Near Reno



Reno is a small city in Nevada known as “The Biggest Little City in the World”. First impression, amazingly beautiful and fantastic place to live.



The seven hour drive from Vegas to Reno was exciting for me. The scenery of the desert was not that bad being a first timer.

 


We stayed at our friend's lovely home located at the top of the city with magnificent view of the snowy mountains overlooking some ranch. Thanks to Mikey.



While we were there, he took us to different places near the area. One of them was Virginia City. It is a  famous old city in Nevada and a favorite attraction spot because of its rich history. They say, it used to be a prosperous place in the 19th century as it was a mining ground for gold and silver. Establishments such as stores, a church, and hotels are maintained from its original structures.

St. Mary in the Mountains Catholic Church

This is the spiral staircase at Millionaire's Club which was featured at Ripley's Believe It Or Not. It is the longest of its kind without a suporting pole. There is another room there which used to be a mortuary. They say there's some paranormal activity going on every now and then. Seriously, when I relieved my full bladder at their restroom, I had some sort of goosebumps. I had a feeling as if someone was watching me..hehe. (They are so lucky!)

Located at the border of Nevada and California is Tahoe. The vastness of the freshwater lake is breathtaking with all the mountains surrounding it.
While on our way, we didn't miss the opportunity to grab a wet woody drink..loved its unique taste.


If you love skiing, ice skating, or you may want to see the panoramic view of the mountains by riding the cable car, Northstar resort is the perfect place for you.


I am pretty amazed when I see snow..it unleashes the child in me while playing with it though I'm freezing cold. It was one of the few moments in my life where I got to see it being a citizen of a tropical country.

What I love about these places are the exciting memories that I'll forever treasure.

Comments

Popular Posts