The Long and Winding Road

The 80/20% principle states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.

Yeah..I believe so..80% of what happened in my life was due to hardwork and 20% was based on luck.

I was not born with a silver spoon but my parents raised seven children with values and integrity. They were both teachers. Our family encountered financial hardships as we were growing up. They tried so hard to send us to school knowing that education is the most precious legacy that they can pass on to us.

I am the sixth out of the seven, the youngest of the girls. I was the stubborn one and I can say the brat. I constantly went my own way, thus cons were pretty tough..

Finding myself, stability and permanence are my driving forces towards my goal of making my mom happy before she pass away. I know that she worries about me and my future. She’s 70 yrs old. It’s been a long time dream of mine to give her something special and unique that she won’t forget. But seems the road that I take is endless, it is so long and winding, besides the obstacles along the way. In spite of it, I continue to believe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I got this quote from the book A Philosopher's Notes. This is exactly what I need to have in mind as I noticed that I'm always in a rush.

“Do not be impatient with your seemingly slow progress. Do not try to run faster than you presently can. If you are studying , reflecting and trying, you are making progress whether you are aware of it or not. A traveler walking the road in the darkness of night is still going forward. Someday, some way, everything will break open, like the natural opening of the rosebud.”

Comments

Popular Posts