Life's Lessons

I’ve been blessed with wonderful friends. Some I’ve known since elementary, highschool, college , from my previous work and some who I just recently know and still building a relationship. Different personalities, background and race, no competition what we have is genuine concern for each other. It is hard to find real friends who’ll stick around with you through thick and thin, I consider myself lucky.

There was a point in my life that I did not make a deeper connection with people. I just felt that I don’t belong. I did not know why. I’ve always been friendly, but during that time I just shut off, I’ve been passive. I wasn’t happy, it showed on my photos. That experience taught me a lot. It made me empathize with people whose voice wasn’t heard and was bullied.

During that time an old person made my life miserable that I almost give up. But a friend of mine told me that you don’t want everything to put into waste. I gave myself time to think and took a vacation with my family. After that, I decided to finish what I started. All I had in mind, I wasn’t born a quitter. My hard work produced good results which earned myself another professional title.

If you come to think of it good and bad experiences makes someone a well rounded person. My best experiences were those times that I was doing my internship at the adoption center, community, hospitals, my travels and currently my volunteer work at the hospice office and looking after the dying elderly. They are precious and priceless to me.

I’ve been exposed to different places and areas of life. I have no reason to whine or complain coz I’ve seen quite a lot. Life has so much to offer. Societal and world problems cannot be totally eradicated, they will always exist and could become worst. What is important is the change that comes from within own self to bring betterment to the greater whole.

Everyday is a blessing and I’m always thankful. My only wish is that I can able to return all the favors and be able to help. The people who are important to me especially my family, I have not forgotten them and they will never be forgotten. It's just that, right now I'm trying to find and trying to fix everything about myself.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go"
                                                                                                 - T.S. Eliot

This is my say:

"This path that I take is my journey, it is only me who can say how far I did go.."
 

Comments

Popular Posts