Discovering San Francisco


When you think of San Francisco, the first thing that comes to your mind is the Golden Gate Bridge. In this city the houses are built creatively and elegantly with different colors. I've been to different cities in some countries but this city is quite unique, I was amazed by the steep hilly streets going up and down and cars are parked slant.

As we passed through the curvy Lombard street, Victorian pricey houses were along the sides that is impressive making it a famous tourist spot to visit. I know that the reason why it was made crooked is because a one direction road would make it too dangerous to pass.
You would not want to miss taking a walk by the Fisherman's Wharf where lots of restaurants, souvenir shops and street foods are sold. Sea Lions will catch your attention as they flirt and make loud noises while laying in group at their comfy zone.


I'm sure you've heard about Alcatraz from various Hollywood movies, it used to be a federal prison located at the island near the San Francisco Bay. I've watched the view of the awesome island from afar while having my clam chowder at Fog Harbor Fish House. I wish I had cruised there and seen the historical prison but time was limited having lots of places to see. This sight made me remember the Cockatoo island in Sydney which was also an imperial prison way back in time.

Riding the cable car was a one of a kind experience with just a five dollar fare. We started from Ghiradelli Square known for its chocolates. From there I got to see the inner beauty of the city as I held the pole while standing at the side of the running cable car. One thing I discovered about it with my curious eyes, being a cable car driver is a tough job as it requires so much energy to push and pull all the handles, I guess smiles from happy tourists make it all worth it.

As we end at the station which is the Powel Street, we walked along the Bloomingdales, Century Theatres, and Gap building with some hiphop guys roaming around the street. We even recognized a Hollywood actor which we couldn't remember the name and he's kind enough to ask if we want photos with him, an offer we could not resist.

As we continued to explore, we passed by the Golden Gate park which you would have thought to be a small park but turned out to be very huge. There are so many things to see that an entire day is not enough to cover those attractions. We did not miss the opportunity to take a photo with the Conservatory of Flowers outside because of the colorful flowers around. I have noticed there are lots of people who are physically active in this city. They may live in just a small space but they can freely jog and bike around the hilly streets and picnic and camp at the huge park.


A short drive from downtown San Francisco and across the Golden Gate bridge rests Muir Woods, a good place to hike and see the beauty of nature where everything is green. It is just so relaxing. The forest is surrounded by spectacular large tall trees (redwoods), which can be a thousand years old. If only trees can talk, they could be living witnesses of the world's greatest history.

Talking about the greatest landmark of San Francisco nothing else but the Golden Gate bridge can compare. It is the gateway to the Pacific Ocean. Every tourist who visits the city gets to go home with photos by the bridge just to say that they've been at this world's popular city. I am so happy to have been a part of the wonderful city once in my life, it is truly a remarkable experience I will never forget.

Comments

Popular Posts