Utah, Up Close and Personal


Last year I had the privilege to visit Utah, one of the beautiful states in America. Instantly, I fell in love with the place, in particular Salt Lake City. There is so much space and the mountains surround the city. Though it’s a little laid back in comparison to the highly commercialized LA, San Francisco, Las Vegas and some other cities... in terms of nightlife, dining, and outdoor activities there are still plenty of choices and things to do. 

The people are so warm and friendly. It is as if everyone at a certain place knows each other, most likely because they attend the same church. In Salt Lake City itself which is the capital of the state, The Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter-day Saints' churches are scattered everywhere.

Salt Lake City got its name from the Great Salt Lake which is the fourth largest salt water lake in the world located in Utah. I always wondered why it is called "salt lake". I learned that the water has a higher density and salt concentration, saltier than sea water which earned its name America's Dead Sea. The water is so shallow which makes it easy for people to float. The question is, will someone like me who doesn't know how to swim drown there?

ATV riding, skiing, horseback riding, and hiking are some of the most popular recreational sports in Utah. I am so lucky to have experienced an up close and personal scenic viewing of the mountains by riding the ATV or quad bike. It felt like I was at the twilight movie where I played the role of Bella and was toured around by Edward but his last name is Nelson.


I have always been terrified riding a vehicle with a hand clutch like a motorcycle but with the ATV it was so easy mainly because it’s a four wheeler. My feeling at that time was indescribable. It was like floating in the air due to the majestic view of the scenery.




Comments

Popular Posts