Zara's Job Searching Challenge



It has been 3 years since I worked. It was not out of laziness but due to a scenario that needed to be resolved. You might think I enjoy every single moment of laying around and watching TV but no I rarely watch programs during the day.  I have always been hyperactive and constantly moving and multitasking even with doing the house chores, so it was more of a pain for me. One of my principles in life is about how I value time.  For me, time is gold. Days go by so quick that it seems what happened last year just happened yesterday. Sometimes I feel that I missed out on a lot but I try not to think about it because the waiting was worth it. It taught me to be patient and to slow down.

Now that everything is in proper place, I am so looking forward to starting my career that is why I am busting myself to find a job left and right, asking people if they know of a vacancy, and applying on the internet.  I try to practice the law of attraction by being optimistic even in times that are tough.  I always tell myself “I got to do something” or “There is something out there for me”, and so I went to different places to meet people however they told me the same thing. “You should apply online”.  So now applying online is what basically consumes my whole day.  I fill out every single form there is to fill out and enter the same data on different websites.  Click “apply” on all positions I think I am qualified for.  I have probably applied for hundreds of positions online and all I get are spam emails from insurance, mystery shoppers, and automatic notifications from some websites.

I cannot help but be disappointed at times. Yes applying online has its advantages because you can apply in the comfort of your own home without spending gas, time and effort in going to offices however the disadvantage is that the competition is very stiff.  Some websites allow you to submit only one application and you get a thank you response.  Then if you have not been selected that is the time you can apply for another position.

I am a graduate two Bachelor’s degree namely Nursing and Social Work.  I worked in an international humanitarian organization for 7 years in line with Data Processing and Analysis. I am a hard worker. I have exceptional skills in computer, office work, customer service etc. I guess it not enough, though it does not stop me from hoping for the best to come.



Comments

Popular Posts