Sweet Ginataan \ Molded Rice flour and Fruits in Coconut Milk



This is a known traditional dessert and snack in the Philippines. The thickness of the rice flour makes it too heavy in the stomach. You can add and adjust the ingredients of your Ginataan according to your taste. 

I found the ready-made ingredients in can at the Filipino store which makes it more easy for me to prepare unlike when I was back home I have to find the raw ingredients such as the Ube and Jack fruit. I didn’t put the whole can of coconut milk because the taste can be overpowering instead I just added milk and water.

Ingredients:

5 Bananas
1 pack Rice flour or Bilo-bilo (molded in small balls)
1 can Jack fruit
Kalamay Ube
½ can Coconut milk
½ cup milk
Nata de coco
water
Sugar

Directions:

1.       In a pan, bring to a boil the coconut milk, bananas, rice flour (bilo-bilo) and sugar.
2.       Stir carefully. Add water and milk when it gets too thick. 
3.       When bananas and rice flour are tender and cooked, remove from heat. Add the Kalamay Ube, Nata de coco, and Jack fruit. Serve and enjoy.


Comments

Popular Posts