Frozen Shoulder, My Pain

If there’s something I learned from a traumatic experience when my brother got into a coma is that there’s no assurance of a cure no matter how you seek help from the experts or pray day and night. 

So here I am very stubborn. I self diagnosed myself with a frozen shoulder. 

Last year, I went to an urgent care due to severe pain on my right shoulder that my range of motion got messed up. I was prescribed with oral Prednisone. 

I’m not a fan of taking medications except when I’m in terrible pain which is every month during my period. Just as I always say Dysmenorrhea is my curse. After that month, I received a bill owing $400 from that visit despite having health insurance. I had no single clue why I owed that much but I was told it was like an emergency case. I was extremely disappointed. 

At that time, I also went to a Chiropractor once but it did not work for me he wasn’t able to move me due to extreme pain. So I told myself from now on I’ll deal with my pain on my own.

I dealt with my left shoulder pain for like a year and miraculously over time my range of motion got better. However, while I recuperated from my right shoulder, my left shoulder started to have pain as well until it became severe every night. As expected, my daily activities got affected. I couldn’t move my arm up and down, reaching up or behind, even combing my hair, putting my underwire. I was like this is a big joke. 

I read that frozen shoulder might be from a heart disease, stroke, arthritis etc.. Who knows, I have not had myself checked. Lab work and imaging tests will show. My biggest fear is that what if I found out that I have something major going on other than my frozen shoulder. It will hurt me in the long run by stressing with something I cannot control. 

So I have been reading and doing my research, I’m convinced that it’s an arthritis and there is no cure but to reduce inflammation and pain management. I said to myself I don’t want to take Prednisone again as last time I checked I was retaining fluid and I gained weight.

I will just continue doing my own therapy, eat healthy food, do my exercise, pray and be motivated that my left shoulder get better and the pain goes away.

Comments

Popular Posts