Cheese Croissant Recipe


Making this recipe is another dream come true for me.  Croissants are my favorite.

The night that I was preparing my dough and following the entire process on how to make croissants  was an effort, I needed  to put it back and forth in the fridge several  times in order to achieve the right consistency.  I was confident about my own measurements but not with the folding.  The butter was all over the place.

So I woke up in the morning and looked at my dough chilling in the fridge.  I was surprised that the butter was absorbed by the dough.  It was miraculous to me.  I started to fold them in the croissants style, put cheese at the bottom, roll, and brush them with my egg wash.  I placed them in the oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.

Voila! They came out good. It wasn’t bad for a first timer.  It wasn’t fluffy like the regular croissants but the taste was perfect!

Ingredients:

2 ½ cups flour
5 tbsp sugar
1 cup fresh milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 pack dry yeast
Extra flour (for kneading)
1 cup chilled butter

Directions:

1.       Mix flour, sugar, yeast, salt, milk with a mixer then use your hands to mold it. Let it set at room temperature for 1 hour.
2.       Knead the dough, place the chilled flattened butter, then fold the dough.  Knead carefully.  If the butter oozes don’t be scared.  Place inside the fridge and leave over night.
3.       Knead the dough.  Use extra flour to prevent it from being sticky.
4.       Cut into triangles, place ham and cheese at the edge (optional), and roll the croissant way.  Brush with egg wash.
5.       Bake in the oven for 425 C for 15 minutes.







Comments

Popular Posts