A Learner's Belly Dancing Moves

My fascination with belly dancing has made me create this video showcasing me trying hard to dance with the beat. My deep admiration with belly dancing started when I was in Dubai with my family. I've been on Desert Safari twice (tourist MUST TRY), and it never ceased to amaze me watching the belly dancing show which was the highlight of the attraction. After all the four wheel driving and camel rides during the day, the fantastic Arabic buffet is something to look forward as well. Up to now, I still have the video of the belly dancer in my old phone. It was because of her that I truly fell in love with belly dancing.

I rekindled my love with belly dancing when we went to the Renaissance Fair in Las Vegas. I watched the belly dancers in their costumes blowing fire and I said to myself "that's it! It is time to get this butt moving" only without the fire. :-)

Belly dancing is super fun and sexy. It is very sensuous and can awaken your inner creativity and emotions. I can't stop dreaming that one day I can be a pro and will be able to dance gracefully wearing a beautiful costume. Of course the only way to be an expert is to practice everyday. I'm a beginner and I must say the experts make their moves look like they are very easy. Here is a video of the simple moves that I learned.. at least now I know now how to make a "giling giling".


In this video I was dancing with the beat and not according to the instructions. I'm still mastering some of the harder moves.


Comments

Popular Posts