My Cooking Passion

One of the few things to know if a woman is passionate is through the food that she cooks. The creativity in the person arises out of the prepared flavorful meal being able to mix together different kinds of food and herbs.
I remember my dad used to be the cook in our family. During weekends, he would wake up early and go to the market to shop some fresh meat, fish and vegetables. He loved to cook vegetable dishes with coconut milk. It was one of his favorite ingredients. When he’s done cooking his specialty, he would share them with our neighbors. I guess it was because of him that I inherited my cooking genes.
Everytime I go for a grocery shopping in the Philippines, my basket never fails to have a can of pasta, mushroom, nestle cream, philadelpia and eden cheese along with the basics such as rice, bread, milk and fruits. I loved to prepare pasta in carbonara sauce. Mushrooms are great substitute for meat. They are so tasty, and are also very good for the budget.
I have always been hooked with watching the food channel network. Watching a cooking show is very good tool for a cooking novice. Sometimes when you read the cooking instructions, they can be confusing for someone like me who does not have formal culinary training.
When I moved to my sister’s house, I was able to collect a lot of cooking wares. I bought my own oven. I always baked chocolate chip cookies. I liked them chewy. I tried to copy Mrs. Fields, which is one of my favorite food stores. You can never go wrong in baking chocolate chip cookies, the secret is to put lots of chocolates. Very simple.
One of my inspirations in cooking is celebrity chef Giada de Laurentiis. I find her so beautiful and talented. If all women are like her, what more can a man could ask for?  I read her bio, she was a graduate of Anthropology. She only pursued culinary schooling after she realized cooking was her passion. She was born and raised by an Italian family.  I think to myself, I can be like her. If only I’ll be given the opportunity to attend school again, I want to have a formal training to be able to start my own business.
I love going to different restaurants and trying their house specialty. Whenever I taste something different, I try to remember the ingredients while enjoying the food. I always try to picture in my mind how it was prepared then, I would cook it.

Comments

Popular Posts