The Collapsing Bridge


In my younger years, my older brother Rene always told us about the collapsing bridge  at the Universal Studios in California and how amazing it is that it fixes itself after collapsing. Since then, it became a dream that got stuck in my head. I wanted so bad to witness it too with my own eyes.

I took nursing not knowing where and when I’m gonna use it. I had a good job at that time in a reputable company and I wasn’t planning to leave soon. For me, Nursing was a back up plan just in case I get to live in another country I get to have a good job to sustain my lifestyle.


Year 2010, I got my 2nd diploma and I had to take the test to become a full pledge nurse in the Philippines. I told my younger brother Alfonso that I have a US tourist visa that I never used and it’s about to expire. Out of the blue, he told me that if I pass my licensure test, he’s gonna bring me to  the US. He gets to travel there all the time because of his job as a flight attendant. He kept on showing us pictures about the US. And my urge to see the land of Liberty grew even stronger.

I didn’t think what he said was serious. So with flying colors, I became an RN, I forgot about his promise. One day he came home from his flight and asked me, “Are you ready to see the collapsing bridge?” My heart was raising, I couldn’t believe he was really bringing me to the US. And the rest was history.

Who would think that dreams can come true. I’m so lucky to have a very generous brother. I miss him so much.

Who would think that a promdi like me will ever be a nurse in the US, own a house, and get to see the Universal Studios so many times.

Comments

Popular Posts